Junior Technical Customer Support Analyst
Working for a dynamic software house with a well-known presence in their market sector, the Junior Technical Customer Support Analyst will be responsible for installations and support of bespoke software packages, deliver 3rd line support of our software packages, underlying Operating Systems, and dependant 3rd party software and tools to customers and provide a degree of in-house support to staff.
A challenging and exciting job opportunity, this role provides a chance to learn a diverse array of technologies and skills as well as building strong relationships with our customers.
- Installation of internally developed software, Microsoft SQL Server and associated software dependencies for new customers
- Upgrades of existing software installations
- Software migrations for existing customers
- Regularly scheduled maintenance checks and upgrades for customers
- Working with our Administrative Assistant to schedule work for customers
- Troubleshooting 3rd line support issues with software and Microsoft SQL Server
- Liaising with 1st and 2nd line support to resolve customer issues
- Providing a degree of support for our customer cloud solution, and providing extra resource to our Cloud Services Engineer during software upgrades and maintenance
- Providing support and cover for internal support duties such as password resets, new account creations, general desktop support issues
- Checking and monitoring of backups and monitoring tools
- Raising, updating and closing support tickets
Skills and competencies
- At least 1-2 years technical support experience, ideally in customer focussed roles
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Experience working with Windows Server 2012 and above and Windows 10 desktop
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office
- Understanding of Windows domains and active directory
- Basic understanding of networking and associated technologies
- Microsoft SQL Server experience desirable
- CitrixXenApp experience desirable
- Good oral and written communication.
- Helpful, understanding and supportive of colleagues and customers.
- Able to work well within a team
- Displays effort and application in achieving results, high level of initiative and productivity
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and meet agreed deadlines
- Able to communicate professionally, competently and confidently to clients and colleagues in a timely manner
- Demonstrates common sense
- Dresses appropriately in all circumstances
- Work area is kept clean and tidy
- Awareness of all relevant issues and their priorities
- Good planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting skills
- Rational and logical decision-making ability
- Awareness of need to continuously improve quality and ensure that all aspects of work are completed to a high standard
Reporting to the Technical Support Manager
£24,000 - £28,000 dependent upon experience
Benefits including interest-free season ticket loan and Bike2Work scheme.