Job Title: Pre-Sales Consultant
Reports To: Business Development Manager
Team Name: Business Development
The acquisition of new clients is vital for the continued financial success of the company. Assisting sales team members, the position of a pre-sales consultant is seen as a key role in the portrayal of the company’s image to the outside world and is seen as an essential role in the acquisition of larger instructions.
- The creation and management of repeatable new lead model data and the tools in the SQL environment to do so.
- To understand potential new client’s requirements and to prove Trace Solutions’ ability to meet those requirements through the transfer of industry, technical and product knowledge to customers via good written, verbal and presentation skills.
- The presentation and differentiate product offerings from the competition to new prospects and existing customers.
- The maintenance of social media presence and liaison with external marketing consultants.
- Product expert skill level within the department.
- To update Zoho database as appropriate.
- To both implement and conform to standards and procedures set within the team and take an active part in quality initiatives.
- To operate within, help develop and ensure adherence to the Trace Solutions sales methodology.
- To know and understand all Trace Solutions software and service offerings.
- To be able to demonstrate all Trace Solutions software to an appropriate level and describe service offerings.
- To maintain adequate records of activities and business opportunities in centrally available systems, adhering to the current sales methodology.
- To support the qualification of sales opportunities.
- To build custom demonstrations
- To deliver Proof Of Concepts(POC)
- To support at external and internal customer facing events
- To assist with the creation of a sales cycle plan
- To assists customers, prospects and Sales Representatives to build a compelling and competitive
- business case and ROI (Return on Investment)
- To contribute to the internal hand-over to the Implementation team for live project implementation
- To portray the company to the outside world in accordance with agreed marketing messages.
- To conform to established standards, procedures and controls and implementing continuous quality improvement.
- To recognise, reinforce and action company policies and procedures.
- To ensure timely and accurate recording of time sheets.
- To ensure the protection of the company interests through the appropriate use of formal communication with clients and suppliers.
- To conduct oneself at all times in a manner that reflects the Trace Solutions values as defined in the business plan and Trace Group Staff Handbook.
- Any other appropriate ad-hoc duties assigned from time to time by the Business Development Director pursuant to meeting company objectives.
- To assist in the completion of a Request for Information(RFI) or a Request for Proposal(RFP)
- To maintain social media presence and liaise with internal source and e4xzternal consultants for timely delivery.
We provide appropriate IT equipment and resource for Pre-Sales consultant to create, modify and experiment with process to refine the best data and procedure possible within the software. Tools include but are not limited to:-
- Repeatable DataLoad
- Local. Database for experimentation
- Access to SQL maintenance
- Sufficient property and accounting knowledge to be credible with any potential customer about relevant business issues.
- A knowledge and understanding of the target markets into which Trace Solutions sells its software and services.
- Excellent presentation and demonstration skills
- Excellent organisation skills
A good working knowledge of MS Office and understanding of social media opportunities
- Good oral and written communication.
- Excellent organisation skills
- Good listening skills
- Helpful, understanding and supportive of colleagues and customers.
- A team player with the ability to adopt a leadership role where necessary
- Displays effort and application in achieving results, high level of initiative and productivity.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and meet agreed deadlines
- Able to communicate professionally, competently and confidently to prospects and colleagues in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates common sense
- Dresses appropriately in all circumstances.
- Work area is kept clean and tidy.
- Willingness to travel
- Awareness of all relevant issues and their priorities.
- Good planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting skills.
- Rational and logical decision making ability.
- Ability to multi task and prioritise under pressure
- Awareness of need to continuously improve quality and ensure that all aspects of work are completed to a high standard.
To apply for this job, please email your CV and a covering letter to Dianne Darling, Head of Account Management.